Monday, September 16, 2013

Why "Smell the roses"?

My mother, not too long before she passed away, was disheartened by the fact that she did not recognize until too late in her life the notion that she needed each day to "stop and smell the roses." In other words, to stop, look up, and see and feel the beauty that is around us, whether it be in a rose, a landscape, a smile, a kind deed .... All these things bring us joy. There is beauty wherever we may look. Even though beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I hope this blog will help you see it as I see it, but may you see it as well. May we all start where we stand, and, each day, "smell the roses."  Hopefully this blog will fill in any gaps as you attempt to do so. WB

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I love the thought of looking at the beauty that is around us because it truly is around us. I am glad you are going to be able to share your photos with us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Dad! Excited to add you to my blog list.;)

    P.S. Remember those nature pics I had you email me a few months ago? I wanted to print one out to display in our home, but I think the pics need to be sent in a higher resolution or something because it keeps coming out blurry. I will call you and we configure something out. Love,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning picture, pops! I'm glad you're joining the world of blogging and sharing your nature pictures! I look forward to seeing updates weekly and seeing the awesome pictures you've taken! Huzzah! Ich liebe dich, Vati!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I'm glad you're doing this!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete