Monday, December 9, 2013

Winter's First Big Snow

Winter's first big snow is always beautiful. This photo was taken off my front porch (a mature Fat Albert is on the left, a young Japanese Maple is in the foreground). Much more snow will come as winter progresses. The pressure of the snow will continue to weigh down the branches of these trees, but because of that pressure, if the trees endure, they will be much stronger in the coming year for having done so. May we all endure the current pressures of our lives, so as to be stronger in the years ahead. While doing so, take time to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.

3 comments:

  1. I have always liked pictures of trees in snow. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the winter snows draped on trees, houses, etc. I think it's beautiful! I even enjoy shoveling! It is definitely a pretty (and pretty cold) season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture, thoughtful words!!!

    ReplyDelete